Global IC Trading, a distributor of electronic components, has an opening for the right candidate for our receiving, inspection and shipping department.
We are looking for a responsible Receiving /Shipping Clerk to receive, inspect and record shipments and a variety of related tasks. You will be responsible for unloading packages and checking their contents to ensure they match the orders. A receiving clerk must have a great eye for detail and be able to work with little to no supervision. They must have adequate physical strength to unload shipments as well as the clerical skills to update records and follow up with suppliers.
- Collaborate with procurement staff on expected deliveries
- Receive shipments and sign paperwork upon receipt
- Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged
- Verify product according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, part number, etc.), conduct quality inspection documenting details in the database
- Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
- Prepare inspection reports
- Communicate with freight carriers for quotes and scheduling
- Prepare product for shipping and create weigh bills, etc.
- Proven experience as receiving clerk or similar position
- Basic understanding of ISO 9001 Quality Management System preferred
- Experience in shipping including preparing packing slips, international documents and utilizing FedEx and UPS software
- Computer Proficient. Microsoft Office A MUST
- Basic math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Good physical condition
- High school diploma
We offer a competitive compensation, plus outstanding benefits (health, vision, dental insurance plus 401(k) plan). This is an exciting opportunity with growth potential to work in a fast-paced, very casual work environment in South Orange County.